DrupalCon NOLA Notes. How Puppet Labs Runs on AWS
How Puppet Labs Runs on AWS
- Amazon EC2 offers a T2 server which allows burst capacity based on CPU ‘credits’
Shared Storage Options
- S3 + Drupal module - Best option
- FUSE mounted S3
- NFS mounted S3 - Traditional choice
- AWS hosted S3 - Still in beta
Don’t Run a MySQL Server in AWS
- Not worth the operational overhead!
- RDS - AWS hosted MySQL
- Best cost-benefit ratio. Can be HA.
- Aurora - AWS hosted MySQL-compatible database
What about Varnish & Memcache
- Proper MySQL tuning made them uncessary
- Drupal caching good enough for their use case